Colour Pops

It's been a while that I've been craving to splash my art book page with luscious strokes of blue. It was cathartic to finally craft this colour pop image, albeit far from the muse, where the screen was a cerulean swirl as Kajol pirouetted with SRK to the tune of melodious romantic number Janam Janam in Dilwaale

Semi-diaphanous blue silk - an epitome of sartorial elegance 


News in photography sphere often pop up in my feed. There was one on minimalist theme that caught my attention. Little did I realise then that @der__tho posts a panoply of captures everyday featuring a simple wall accessoried by a mundane, temporal object such as a tree, a bench, a cat, a door, boots, flower beds that leaps to significance due to sheer power play of colours, positioning, and minimalism. When I decided to paint a red colour pop, this work of @der__tho topped my list. It's then that I dug a little more only to find the stellar oeuvre of @der__tho on Gram.

A derelict wall brought to life by a furry feline friend and red - the colour of passion 


What would a quintessential Bengali imagine to create for yellow colour pop? The yellow taxis of course, inextricably connected with the city, and ubiquitous across the bustling streets. Though Ola and Uber's premium services threaten their existence, their legend of over half a century will remain preserved in the pages of Kolkata's transportation history. So, here's a humble attempt to capture the icon of Kolkata streets. 

Yellow taxi - quintessence of Kolkata


Dona, Sydney, April 2024


Comments

Popular Posts